Total freedom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Motion-2012-01-30-09-40-52.jpg
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:20 pm by neheraigo

» Jay Fake Taxi
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:24 pm by neheraigo

» Descargar Matlab 7.0 Gratis Para Windows 7
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:39 pm by neheraigo

» Motion-2012-01-30-09-40-52.jpg
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:17 am by neheraigo

» Amy Shirley Nude Pic
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:11 am by neheraigo

» Nokia-5220-xpressmusic_fa<wbr>ctory-original-backup.zip
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 am by neheraigo

» Matroesjkas S01E01.avi
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:43 am by neheraigo

» Matroesjkas S01E01.avi
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 am by neheraigo

» So Easy Baby Food Basics: Homemade Baby Food In Less Than 30 Min
Real estate EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:36 am by neheraigo

Real estate

5 posters

Go down

Real estate Empty Real estate

Post  Parasite Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I've been reading nr's posts on that "other forum" and he made a point about not trying to pay off the mortgage on an investment property, for a couple of reasons, but the only one I could really understand was that once that happens, you lose any tax advantage.

What do other members think? Should you plan to pay off an investment property as quickly as possible?

Parasite
Parasite

http://forums.silverstackers.com/

Back to top Go down

Real estate Empty Re: Real estate

Post  FREE SPEECH Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Parasite wrote:I've been reading nr's posts on that "other forum" and he made a point about not trying to pay off the mortgage on an investment property, for a couple of reasons, but the only one I could really understand was that once that happens, you lose any tax advantage.

What do other members think? Should you plan to pay off an investment property as quickly as possible?

NR does everything in such an elongated way structuring it i wouldnt know . My main goal is to get everything paid for ASAP fk the tax dodges the sooner you own it the sooner you have excess funds to spend on yourself
FREE SPEECH
FREE SPEECH

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogmatic Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeh that makes sense. I want to loose money so I have a tax advantage, which after the tax advantage I still lost money Rolling Eyes

Or own the properties outright which are then positively geared, not as much tax advantage but you are now making money not loosing it.

Oh shit but I didn't get a tax advantage, only a profit, fucking wake up.
Seems like a no brainer to me.

If you can afford to own them outright I cannot understand why you wouldn't
then borrow and negative gear the new ones, pay them off, more positive flow then borrow buy some more.
On and on it goes....it's like the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends...
Dogmatic
Dogmatic

http://www.mlptp.net/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post  FREE SPEECH Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Dogmatic wrote:Yeh that makes sense. I want to loose money so I have a tax advantage, which after the tax advantage I still lost money Rolling Eyes

Or own the properties outright which are then positively geared, not as much tax advantage but you are now making money not loosing it.

Oh shit but I didn't get a tax advantage, only a profit, fucking wake up.
Seems like a no brainer to me.

If you can afford to own them outright I cannot understand why you wouldn't
then borrow and negative gear the new ones, pay them off, more positive flow then borrow buy some more.
On and on it goes....it's like the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends...
Yep i cbf taking money off the gov the spare money i have when its paid far outweighs the dribble you get back in tax benefits
FREE SPEECH
FREE SPEECH

Back to top Go down

Post  Parasite Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm sure I replied to your posts guys, but it's not here. if you see a random real estate post in some other thread, you know where it belongs. Neutral
Parasite
Parasite

Back to top Go down

Post  Parasite Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm thinking that if you are in a position to pay of your investment property or properties then that puts you in a position to retire earlier, escape the working day and retire earlier using your bye
Parasite
Parasite

Back to top Go down

Post  FREE SPEECH Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Parasite wrote:I'm thinking that if you are in a position to pay of your investment property or properties then that puts you in a position to retire earlier, escape the working day and retire earlier using your bye
Using your bye ? are you on the turps ? Very Happy
FREE SPEECH
FREE SPEECH

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogmatic Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 pm

with a nose like that he just snorts it
Dogmatic
Dogmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 pm

I used to borrow the full costs for the property all in, interest only. Everything tax deductible negative geared to the max, but that would not work now with the market going backwards. J C.

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogmatic Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:00 pm

No, I think everything as we have known it is changing.
It is very likely that we will see substantial falls in the property
market in the near future.
Dogmatic
Dogmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Parasite Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 am

Parasite wrote:I'm thinking that if you are in a position to pay of your investment property or properties then that puts you in a position to retire earlier, escape the working day and retire earlier using your

rental income to support you. You can then spend time on this forum and silverstackers, fine tuning your corporate SMSF and trust funds maximising your investment potential and minimising the tax you pay.
Parasite
Parasite

Back to top Go down

Post  broomstix Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 am

I think the property market must be very different up this side of the globe to you guys...I've also discussed stuff like this with W&F...it seems like you can buy places down there that are a damned good size for peanuts compared to what property is going for up here.

I have a mortgage on 2 properties, mine and my mother's, but she acts more or less like my tenant and pays me about 3/4 of the monthly mortgage on her place. She receives the money she pays me from housing benefit from the local government towards the cost of living in what is still essentially a rented property (me being her landlady), so it's like we get her place almost for free....and its all above board too...my mother wouldn't dream of diddling even a penny out of the government. Rolling Eyes

However, in a SHTF situation this would be deemed a rather precarious position to be in if the government suddenly decides it wants to stop paying housing benefit to folk on low incomes. :/

Just to give you folks a guide to what property prices are like where I live (and they are pretty average for the UK as a whole) my place is a flat on 2 floors within a large Victorian stone built property that has been split into flats.

Here's a photo, it's easier than describing it : Real estate House

I am buying all that half of the house. My flat is on the first and second floor and my mum's place is a separate flat on the ground floor (the black front door is hers). I know it doesn't look like much, and believe me it's no better on the inside either, but my flat was recently valued at about £110,000GBP and my mum's place at about £85,000GBP.

I believe that kind of money would get you much more bang for buck down under...yes? Neutral
broomstix
broomstix

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogmatic Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:11 am

Very dependent on location. close to Sydney or Melbourne I don't think it would get you anything.

If you moved out bush somewhere it may. I live 3 hours from Sydney and don't think you would
get much for under $350,000 and that would not be very much.
Dogmatic
Dogmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Parasite Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 am

As dog said.

broomstix wrote:

I believe that kind of money would get you much more bang for buck down under...yes? Neutral

GBP85000 is abt AUD130000, that won't get you much. It'll get you a one bed unit on the Sunshine Coast in Qld, but you won't be able to live in it, purely overnight and holiday rental and not freehold either probably. You could probably buy a house in some parts of Australia for that, but you won't find a job in the area.

Have a look at this Cheap housing
Parasite
Parasite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogmatic Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 pm

If you have ever been to any of those towns you will fully appreciate the low house prices.
In actual fact it makes you wonder how they could possibly get that much for a house in some
of those towns
Dogmatic
Dogmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum